Returns & Delivery Policy
All items purchased through Chiswick Auctions may be returned within the following timeframe and at your own risk. You must inform us of your intention to return the item(s) to us within 14 days of the day the item(s) come into your physical possession (or the possession of a third party other than the courier). You need to return the items to us without undue delay and not later than 14 days after the day you informed us of your intention to return the item(s). Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible if the goods are lost, damaged or destroyed.
All returns are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Descriptions: Any representation in any catalogue or otherwise as to the origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or estimated selling price of any lot is a statement of opinion only. Such statements do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Chiswick Auctions in relation to the lot. Any prospective buyer should satisfy themselves prior to the sale as to the reliability of the catalogue description.
- Condition: Chiswick Auctions Ltd does not provide condition reports and buyers are responsible for satisfying themselves concerning the condition of the property. All lots are sold as seen.
- Electrical Items: All electrical items are sold as seen and Chiswick Auctions Ltd offers no guarantee as to the working condition of such items.
- Packing: Chiswick Auctions Ltd will use reasonable efforts to take care when handling packing and shipping lots purchased, but are not responsible for the errors or omissions of third parties who may be retained for these purposes.
- Shipping: If you have paid for shipping through Chiswick Auctions then we will refund the original shipping charge for unwanted goods if all the goods purchased on the order are returned. Part returns do not qualify for a shipping refund.
- Refunds: We will only make a refund using the same method of payment originally used by you to pay for your purchase, or by bank transfer. Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 28 days of the day you have given us notice of cancellation.
Purchased lots can be collected from the auction room after the sale has ended at your own risk and expense. Purchased lots which remain uncollected, or for which collection has not been arranged, may incur storage charges as set out in our standard Terms and Conditions. Chiswick Auctions Ltd shall be entitled to retain purchased lots sold until all sums due have been paid.
We offer an in-house shipping service, which is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Delivery charges: Delivery charges will be applied to your invoice upon your acceptance of a shipping quote. Please email ku.oc1513585874.snoi1513585874tcuak1513585874ciwsi1513585874hc@gn1513585874ippih1513585874S1513585874 to obtain a quote.
- Insurance: No insurance is offered as standard, but insurance can be provided upon request and added to your invoice. If you do not request insurance, Chiswick Auctions Ltd shall not be held liable for any loss or damage to goods while in transit.
- Delivery methods and periods: We endeavour to process all shipments as quickly as possible upon payment for shipping. However, this does depend upon the size, weight and nature of the item(s) and the number of shipping enquiries we receive. We endeavour to process all shipments within 5 working days, but we cannot guarantee this during busy periods.
If your delivery address is in the United Kingdom mainland, goods will be sent via a tracked next day service. If your delivery address is outside of UK mainland, goods will be sent with an alternative courier service.
Estimated delivery times from dispatch:
UK Mainland: next working day
Europe: 3 – 5 working days
Rest of World: 5 – 7 working days
The delivery periods are indicative only, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure that you receive your delivery in good time, we do not guarantee delivery before the end of the stated period, particularly during busy periods.
- Geographical limitations: We are unable to deliver to Russia.